A NEW WAY TO BOOST YOUR HEALTH!
You’ll hear us talk a lot about dark leafy green vegetables. They are so nutrient rich and will support your body in so many ways. One of which is during times of stress. Eat this nutritious salad, filled with healthy fats, knowing that you’re reducing the effects of chronic stress.
If you want a delicious way to increase your micronutrient count, this is one of the best recipes to use! The protein offers a healthy dose of fats and protein while the leafy greens give you the fibre and micronutrients that support a healthy body!
- 226 g fresh salmon, preferably wild
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1/3 cup cranberries naturally sweetened or to keep the salad low carb add 1/2 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 garlic clove finely chopped
- dandelion greens/ rocket/baby spinach, ends trimmed, roughly chopped 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly-ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp pine nuts toasted
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
1. Combine garlic, lemon juice, and salt in a bowl. Whisk until well combined.
2. Place dandelion/ rocket/ baby spinach greens in a salad bowl.
3. Add halved cherry tomatoes, roasted pine nuts and cranberries in a large bowl.
4. In a small pan, roast pine nuts for 1 minute.
5. Once roasted, in the salad bowl.
6. Top it with the cooked salmon.
7. Drizzle dressing over.
Total Time: 20 min / Servers: 4
DID YOU KNOW?
The leaves of a dandelion are packed with calming B vitamins and lecithin, which lessen stress and anxiety by balancing chemicals in your brain. Dandelions also boost levels of the happy chemical, serotonin.