How to kickstart your diet in 2023
As 2023 kicks off, it's time to start thinking about our resolutions for the new year. For many of us, that includes committing to healthier habits, especially when it comes to diet and nutrition.
However, where do we even begin? We know all too well how daunting the task can seem—trying to figure out what types of food are healthy, counting calories, and figuring out what kind of recipes you can actually stick to.
If this sounds like you, don't worry — we've got you covered. In this blog post, we'll be providing you with a comprehensive guide on how to kickstart your diet in 2023 without any hassle!
What's the best diet for you
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the best diet for you depends on a number of factors, including your age, activity level, and health goals. However, there are some general guidelines that can help you choose a healthy diet that fits your lifestyle.
If you're looking to lose weight, the best diet for you is one that includes plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and limits processed foods and saturated fats. It's also important to make sure you're getting enough protein and fiber to keep you feeling full and satisfied.
If you're trying to improve your overall health, a Mediterranean-style diet is a good option. This way of eating emphasizes fruits, vegetables, olive oil, fish, and nuts, and limits red meat, sugar, and refined carbs.
Whichever diet you choose, be sure to talk to your doctor or a registered dietitian before making any major changes to your eating habits. They can help you create a plan that's right for you based on your unique needs and goals.
How to stick to your diet
When it comes to dieting, the first step is always the hardest. Once you've made the decision to diet, it can be hard to stick to it. Here are some tips to help you stick to your diet and kickstart your weight loss journey:
- Set realistic goals. If you set unrealistic goals, you're more likely to give up when you don't see results. Set small, attainable goals that you can realistically achieve.
- Find a support system. It's easier to stick to your diet if you have someone to help motivate and encourage you. Find a friend or family member who will support your weight loss efforts.
- Meal plan and prep. Planning ahead can help you stay on track when it comes to eating healthy. Meal prepping for the week ahead can make it easier to make healthy choices when you're feeling tempted.
- Avoid trigger foods. If there are certain foods that tend to make you overeat or give up on your diet, avoid them altogether. This may mean clearing your pantry of temptations or avoiding restaurants that serve your favorite unhealthy dishes.
- Stay accountable. Keep a food journal or log of everything you eat and drink each day. This will help you stay on track and be aware of any slip-ups. You can also share your progress with a friend or family member to stay accountable.
When should you switch your diet
If you're looking to jumpstart your diet, there are a few key times when it may be beneficial to make some changes.
First, if you've been eating the same foods for an extended period of time and have plateaued in your weight loss or fitness goals, it may be time to switch things up.
Additionally, if you find that you're constantly snacking or overeating, it may be worth considering a more structured approach to meals.
It's generally recommended that people who want to lose weight or improve their health should start by making changes to their diet. There's no perfect time to start a diet, but there are a few things to keep in mind when you're deciding when to make the switch.
If you're looking to lose weight, the best time to start a diet is usually when you have the most motivation and energy to stick with it. This might be after a vacation, before a big event, or at the beginning of a new year.
If you're trying to improve your health, there's no need to wait for a special occasion to start making changes to your diet. You can start working on eating healthier today!
Remember, making small changes in your diet can lead to big results over time. So don't wait - get started on your healthy journey today!
Finally, if you have any specific health concerns that could be addressed by making dietary changes, it's important to consult with a doctor or registered dietitian before making any major shifts.
Body20 Members have access to Nutrition Doctors and Wellness Coaches who assess, assist and advise on the most effective health and wellness approach for you.
Book a free demo, or read more about our holistic offerings here.