Yummy Protein Chickpea Brownie Recipe
We have a delicious, healthy and protein filled recipe for you here. Everyone likes brownies, and those few who say they don’t are lying. I said what I said. Here is a tried and tested brownie recipe, that doesn’t taste manufactured or like one of those weird protein bars you find at the bottom of your gym bag a year after you bought it.
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free, guilt free, and so yummy!
They store well in the fridge, and can be eaten at any time throughout the day. It’ll feel like cheating, but it’s healthy and packed full of protein goodness.
Chickpea Protein Brownies - Author Melissa Clark
- 1 can chickpeas
- 3 egg whites
- 2 scoop of whey protein, you can use a raspberry flavour for a fruity twist
- 30g coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon stevia
- A splash of Almond milk
- Prepare a square dish with baking paper.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth. Slowly add in almond milk until a runny consistency is achieved.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes and take care not to overcook it- it might look a bit runny, but it will set more as it cools.
- Can be enjoyed warm straight out the oven or left to set in fridge.
Protein icing recipe:
- Blend together
- 2 tablespoons of cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons of whey
- A splash of almond milk
Body20 is an all-encompassing, holistic approach to physical, and mental well-being. The mind & body are an ecosystem, and we understand the value of taking care of it all.
Body20 members get access to Nutrition Doctors and Wellness Coaches to assist in improving the quality of their lives. To find out more, book your free demo at your nearest Body20 Studio.